Google

REDIRECT

Nosle - Reach Out Headline Animator

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Swollen fingers

Bookmark and Share Digg!

A few days back on returning from walk, I noticed something strange. On both my hands the fingers had swollen slightly and there was also a shine on them. The ring I was wearing did not come off easily. I did not think much of it, because the swelling disappeared in a few minutes and the ring came off.

But the same thing happened again. This time I went on an extensive Google search and found so many things about swollen fingers. They may occur due to wounds, particularly concussions, diabetes, and heart symptoms, among so many others.

This being spring in San Jose, I thought this should have occurred due to some insect bite. I used to cross a school play ground and so I preferred to believe that this should have been a slight allergic reaction of some insect bite. I saw some black spiders too in the living room and other places to add strength to my belief; so the preference above heart problems, renal failure or venous thrombosis.

But my perseverance bore fruit when I understood that long walks may make one sweat and lose salt. This is attributed to be a reason for the swelling of fingers or feet.

I tried to keep my hands open as well as closed, do all sorts of exercises, like playing the piano while walking and keep them on my head to prevent the swelling. I tried swinging them without causing any suspicion to others about my mental status. I also tried to grip the air and bend the forearm (forward, not backward), whenever I believed no one was nearby or watching me. But to me none of these helped much.

I have met people who used to swing their arms fast and rise them up into the sky as if they were going to attempt touching it. I used to envy them. Then one day I saw a man walking towards me with heavy dumbbells, one in each hand and continuously raising and lowering his arms, alternating them, which made me think of piston movements.

They should have been suffering from swollen fingers. One thing I could not understand. I walk and so there is no possibility of raising those legs above my heart level to prevent them from swelling. They are at a much lower level. They don’t swell, but my fingers do. What should I do? Simple, I stopped going on walks, long or short.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
Download Avial Tool Bar with chat facilities

1 comments:

prasanna said...

I love you very much nanu kutty

 
Avial © Pilo Gui